background

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Let Them Eat Cake



 Our colors are apple red and aqua. When I began researching cakes, I was, of course, attracted to color and all of the possibilities that exist with fondant. However, Tobe requested that we stay away from highly colored fondant. He reasoned that it would discolor guests' teeth. As such, I decided that ribbon would be the best way to incorporate color.
 This is the vintage cake topper I just bought. I think this couple is adorable. What's not to love about those red lips and long eyelashes? As seen in the photo above, I will make a little background for the couple, so they don't seem so lonely and small on the cake.
 I asked our cake artist, Tashil, to imitate the icing patterns on this cake. Each layer will be a different flavor: red velvet, chocolate, and vanilla. The cake will be frosted in cream cheese frosting and will have a complimentary filling.
The top layer--the layer the couple traditionally freezes and keeps for a year--will be decorated in these delicate ruffles.

In the coming days, I will be doing the following cake-related activities:
* Shopping for a cake stand (the cake artist rents them, but I don't want to worry about returning a cake stand or it getting damaged or broken)
* Making the background for the topper
* Working with the cake artist on one of the unique cake flavors: macha (green tea). See a recipe HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment