background

Friday, December 28, 2012

Paper Flowers and Personalized Scrabble Board

 DIY is an acronym dear to my heart.  For years, I've dabbled in all sorts of crafts. I take it upon myself to experiment with art techniques. When I have the funds and energy, I take art classes.  Rarely do I buy the things I want. Instead, I figure out how it was made and make it myself.  Such is my intent with decorations for my upcoming wedding.    I plan to teach myself how to make paper flowers.  In my mind, these may serve in all manner of places:  gazebo decoration, aisle decoration, a kick-ass photo background. Wherever.

As such, my plan is to start teaching myself one new flower per day.  Today I followed the instructions over at the Whimsical World of Laura Bird


I also fell in love with a scrabble board decoration I saw over on the Rock and Roll Bride blog.  That couple's scrabble board has only a couple words, and they made use of the little wooden shelves that came with the game. My goal was to make as many words as possible--words that spoke of our interests. I only regret that I couldn't get the word "fish" or "fishing" in there, but what can I say? I ran out of tiles!

Stay tuned. I want to use this blog to document the creative process behind my wedding.  Who knows? Maybe it will keep me organized. Maybe it will push me beyond the mere dreaming stage, which is important, as August 10 isn't that far away.

No comments:

Post a Comment