background

Sunday, September 28, 2014

Out of the Color Comfort Zone

This week's Documented Life Project prompt is to use 3 colors you don't normally use.  To begin, I looked through a pile of "failed" Gelli prints I'd made. A "failed" Gelli print isn't ready for the garbage yet. However, it's not ready to use or to put into happy mail. It might mean I need to add more layers, or lately I've been adding to the prints with pen.

These particular prints made use of a maroon, yellow, and a pink-orange. Salmon? Coral? Rouge? I'm not sure. I had bought the paint at a thrift store. 

So last night, I drew over the  prints with maroon, white, and black pens. Then I tore the 4 x 6" prints into smaller chunks and created a pleasing background pattern. I had drawn a butterfly on one of the prints, but I couldn't position it in a pleasing way, so I cut it up.

Finally, I added a zetti-type lady. Suddenly, the colors seemed like Fall, so I added the skeleton leaf, the "Admit One" ticket, and the gold clock.


And this isn't a DLP project, but it's a "Old Hollywood" swap project.  I'm not quite ready to send it to my partner because I feel like it needs something...

1 comment:

  1. Lovely! I love your DLP colors, very autumn, warm and beautiful. The old hollywood art is awesome! The colors are very similar

    ReplyDelete